MHI is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all MODEX visitors as well as MHI staff. MHI expects all participants to help ensure a positive experience for everyone. Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated during any portion of the MODEX event. All participants including, but not limited to, attendees, exhibitors, support staff, speakers, presenters, facilitators, MHI staff members, board members past and present, service providers, media and all others are expected to abide by this Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all aspects of the MODEX event, including exhibits, special events, and sessions.
Discrimination and Harassment
MHI has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin or any other protected class. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, MHI asks that you report it via e-mail at email@example.com so that we can take the appropriate action.
Interference with Competitors
No person may interfere with the activities of an exhibitor at MODEX, including exhibit booths, product demonstrations, educational sessions and meetings. Behavior, in particular, that is insulting, rude, distracting or disruptive is forbidden.
Solicitation or promotion of products and services to attendees or exhibitors from non-exhibitors is strictly prohibited.
Other Unacceptable Behavior
In addition to the above, Unacceptable Behavior is further defined as:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions of any kind.
- Verbal abuse of any exhibitor, attendee or other participant or MHI team member. Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, age, race, religion, national origin, regarding competitors or other exhibitor products, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, supplier, speaker, presenter, facilitator, MHI staff member, service provider or other show participant.
- Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to gender, sexual orientation, age, race, religion, disability or other personal characteristics, including those protected by law.
- Unwelcome attention or deliberate stalking or intimidation of any participant.
- Real or implied threat of physical, professional or financial damage or harm.
- Inappropriate disruption of an exhibit, product demonstrations, educational or networking sessions, meetings or sessions or other events organized by MHI throughout the event. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any MHI staff member.
- Photographing, video or audio recording of exhibits, product demonstrations, sessions, slides, oral or poster presentations without presenter/author’s permission.
- Presentations, postings and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers or solicitation for services unless you are the session host or supplier. MHI reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Failure to stop unacceptable behavior when requested by a fellow participant or MHI staff member.
- Sharing your MODEX credentials with other individuals.
- Derogatory social media or app posts against a competitor
Right to Take Action
MHI reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the event without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and MHI reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting or trade show, digitally or in person. Inappropriate action could also result in future restrictions on attendance at MHI events or possible termination of MHI membership or positions on boards/committees.
Confidential product information may be shared in exhibitor booths, product demonstrations and in meetings. Participants agree not to use or disclose at any time any confidential information of any exhibitor or their affiliated groups, unless expressly authorized in writing and/or required by law. Taking photos, videos or capturing images of any product or booth display without consent of the exhibitors is forbidden.
By attending MODEX 2024, you agree to abide by and engage in conduct that is beneficial to the health and safety of the event and all persons attending. I will take necessary precautions while at the event including, but not limited to, adhering to all state and local regulations, and following the guidance of the CDC. I agree to not attend any MODEX event if I feel ill, had recent exposure to a COVID-19 case or have tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
While MHI and the Georgia World Congress Center work to implement new and enhanced procedures to safeguard all participants, it is not intended or implied in any way to be a guarantee against possible exposure to COVID-19 or any other infectious diseases during attendance at the event.
By attending MODEX, you agree to voluntarily assume all risk related to exposure and agree to not hold MHI or any of their affiliates including partners and sponsors, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, volunteers, or sponsored venues liable for illness.