MODEX is committed to sustainability. Through targeted event features, increased recycling, and improved processes, MHI, our partners and exhibitors are committed to work together to create a more sustainable event and a more sustainable world. These efforts include:
- Emphasis on supply chain sustainability technology and education at MODEX including new Sustainability Theater and new MHI Innovation Award for Best Innovation in Sustainability.
- The Georgia World Congress Center (GWCC) is a LEED Gold certified convention center.
- The GWCC is an industry leader in resource conservation and renewable energy. Conserving energy, saving money, equipment upgrades, and a creative financing solution are all part of GWCC’s Guaranteed Energy Savings Performance that has resulted in a 40% energy and water savings.
- The GWCC has installed water bottle filling stations throughout the convention center in order to reduce single-use plastic containers.
- Each GWCC parking garage has at least one Chargepoint dual-port electric vehicle charging station with the entire campus able to charge 26 vehicles at once.
- GWCC composts, donates unused meals, sources sustainable food, and has its own honey-producing beehives.
- Dual recycling bins and trash cans will be placed around the venue.
- Plant-based meals are offered at various restaurants at the convention center.
- GWCC is accessible via public transportation (MARTA) from all major hotels and neighborhoods in Atlanta.