The Software Project Manager (SPM), whose primary mission on a project is to attain customer satisfaction and financial success, is ultimately responsible for managing developmental requirements and delivery of Software (WCS) and Controls (PLC), inclusive of profitability of assigned projects. The SPM oversees coordination of technical matters to ensure high quality software is developed and deployed that meets the customers’ requirements.
Reports to: Software Delivery Manager
• Two-year technical degree or higher or equivalent experience.
• Material Handling background a plus.
• Analytically adept, to include having technical savviness within their repertoire.
• Assist in testing and insuring accuracy related to software and integration.
• Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to having foresight in predicting application issues related to software and related processes.
• Strong interest in software and controls.
• Excellent time-management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Comfortable interfacing with customers, consultants and upper management.
• Superior work ethic.
• PMP Certification a plus
• Creativity a plus.
• MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project required.
• Experience using AutoCAD and Microsoft Access a plus.
• Travel up to 40% as project requires including some weekends.
• Understand customer business and operational needs.
• Maintain clear and timely communications among the client, the consultant, DMW&H Sales, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Controls Engineering, Software, Purchasing, Shop Services and Field Operations.
• Analyze what has been proposed/sold and compare it to the way the customer does business and make sure we are supplying a system that meets what we sold as well as the customers’ expectations and needs.
• Identify and mange discrepancies between the sales offer and the Functional Requirements Specification (operationally, physically and financially) in the early stages of the project and during the development of the FRS.
• Skillful in managing our customer’s expectations, and building or maintaining a strong professional relationship.
• Capable of delivering projects that accurately meet the customer’s requirements which are on time and within budget. Must understand DMW&H’s financial goals and be able to balance project decisions against the budget.
• Facilitate and coordinate performance and delivery with the client, DMW&H team and vendors.
• Keep Operation Report data (sales value, hours, costs, etc.) up to date.
• Solid understanding of material handling (integration of equipment, individual components, rates, software, controls, etc.)
• Understand DMW&H basic software and controls concepts and system architecture.
• Should have good post-salesmanship skills to obtain orders for enhancements and follow-up orders.
• Responsible for developing software FRS.
• Assist system analysis as needed in proposal definition and creation.
• Assist sales activities as required.
• Develop Acceptance Test Plans and system reference guides
• Identify and manage issues up to and including problem resolution.
• Assist in all software related testing, insure integrity of all software related components
• Liaison to software developers
• Ability to perform customer training
• Complete internal and customer close out documentation on a timely basis.
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|