The Supply Chain Consulting Analyst works in a team environment to design best-in-class supply chain solutions. This highly motivated person will assure that the engineered solution will be both cost effective as well as innovative.
This entry-level role presents an excellent career opportunity for a candidate with the desire to grow their responsibilities in the project team and the company on a fast pace. The position will provide insight into various industries and work with a strong team in an international environment. This position is located in Indianapolis, IN and requires between ~30-50% domestic and international travel.
Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work directly with clients & internal teams to understand business requirements of a client organization, identify data requirements and necessary supporting analysis, and formulating strategies and solutions that yield value for our clients
• Develop supply and distribution network structures for client companies, evaluating cost, service, and flexibility. Determine optimal site location and inventory levels for facilities, determine ideal transportation lanes, and identify appropriate mix of transportation and contracting strategies
• Develop design of a facility, coordinating Operations, IT Systems, Safety, and Quality. Determine layout arrangement, workflow processes, labor requirement, material handling requirement, and general building parameters
• Facilitate sourcing of logistics services and material handling equipment, evaluating logistics service and equipment suppliers and providing unbiased evaluation of total cost and benefit of various providers
• Support implementation, manage change, and provide ramp-up support at start-up
Qualifications for ideal candidates are:
• Bachelor or Master degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or Logistics
• Strong team player
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent written/oral communication skills in the English language
• Advanced skill with MS Office suite, especially Excel, Access and PowerPoint
• Experience working in supply chain functions (planning, production, warehousing, transportation), e.g. through internships
• International experience, e.g. through student exchange programs or international internships
• Knowledge of network optimization software is a plus
• Knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus
Miebach Consulting is one of the largest supply chain focused consulting and engineering firms in the world. For over forty years, we have centered our work and research on developing best practices and designing state of the art supply chains. This concentration has let us bridge the gap between consultants and engineers, allowing us to support our clients across the full project lifecycle: developing, engineering, and implementing solutions and initiatives. Because we provide both strategic solutions as well as implementations, our work in each is strengthened respectively.
Our services can support, across any industry, a company’s planning, inbound, manufacturing, and distribution aspects either holistically or individually. This portfolio of services has been developed organically across numerous continents from our several hundred projects a year. This global foundation of benchmarks and best practices is an integral part of our project methodology. We deliver a consistent and standard approach based on our global knowledge and experience, applying them to the regional needs of a client.
We are proud to be one of the few consultancies listed in SupplyChainBrain's Top 100 Supply Chain Partners. This unique combination of strategic engagements and tactical engineering services across and within the supply chain has regularly resulted in over half of Gartner's list of "Top 25 Supply Chains" to rely on Miebach to support their supply chain initiatives.
|Sponsor||Miebach Consulting Inc.|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
|Supply Chain Management|