Velodyne Lidar, Inc. (booth # 6091)
Summary of Innovation
The Velodyne Puck 32MR™ is a new lidar sensor introduced in August 2019. It utilizes Velodyne’s patented technology to generate a data-rich image for precise real-time localization and object detection. The Puck 32MR boasts a range of 120 meters and a 40-degree vertical field of view to enable navigation in unfamiliar and dynamic settings.
By combining high-resolution 3D perception with a broad vertical field of view, the Puck 32MR accurately detects crosswalks, curbs and obstacles in warehouse aisles for safe and efficient navigation in roadway, commercial and industrial settings.
The 32MR broadens Velodyne’s suite of lidar sensor products. Its innovations include: robust surround-view perception in all light conditions, outstanding performance in indoor and outdoor environments, it produces a point cloud with minimal noise, its compact form factor delivers reliability and durability, and it is power efficient – extending operating time without the need for active cooling. Specifications include:
• 120 m range with compact form factor
• Most field-tested AV sensor, with largest installed base
• Best horizontal (360°) and vertical (40°) FoV
• Top vertical resolution in its class (0.33°)
• Best-in-class accuracy and calibrated intensity
• Best-in-class power-efficiency and temperature range
• Firing exclusion and interference mitigation features
• Advanced features for minimizing false positives
The Velodyne Puck 32MR™ offers a cost-effective perception solution for low speed autonomous markets including industrial vehicles, robotics, shuttles, and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). Its advancements in performance in all types of lighting conditions and environments is delivered in a power efficient and compact form factor.
||Best Innovation of an Existing Product
« Back to Innovation Awards