- Approval to Attend
Get Approval to Attend
Attendance at MODEX 2018 can make the difference between your manufacturing and distribution operations stalling, surviving or
even thriving during these challenging economic times. If you need senior management's approval for travel and training expenditures, it's worth it to develop a proposal so you can attend MODEX 2018.
Study the MODEX 2018 website for product sourcing and educational opportunities. Identify educational sessions and exhibitors that address specific needs within your manufacturing, distribution and supply chain operations. List your current initiatives, such as managing risk, cutting costs, sustainability, streamlining processes, building relationships or other specific challenges, then find corresponding education and solution providers at the show. Prepare a list of the benefits that can be realized by your attendance and how you can make an impact at your organization.
Here are some benefits of your attendance:
- The latest manufacturing, distribution and supply chain innovations from over 800 of the leading solution providers.
- Learning how to successfully implement innovations into your operations to cut costs, maximize efficiencies, improve visibility, and reduce risk.
- Practical solutions to complex problems.
- Education at seminars, keynotes and educational partner events.
- Networking with other manufacturing, distribution and supply chain professionals.
- Hearing from powerful speakers talk about innovative ways to tackle the latest manufacturing and supply chain challenges.
- Unique insights into leading supply chain models of the future.
- Real-world case studies.
- Best practices and management trends.
- Discussing hot topics with colleagues.
- Discovering new approaches to, and solutions for, current practices.
By attending MODEX 2018, you and your company will reap the benefits of best practices, success stories, tools and practical solutions. You will also have the opportunity to transform your biggest challenges into your greatest accomplishments.
Be a force of change in your organization by bringing knowledge you gain at MODEX home. Everyone in your organization can benefit by your attendance. You will be able to learn successful methods and best practices from leaders in material handling and logistics and how to apply them.
Develop a Proposal
Put your ideas in writing and submit a formal proposal to your boss or department head. Include your intended schedule of educational sessions, solution-providers and why the knowledge gained will be valuable to your operation. Strengthen your proposal by listing department goals and their corresponding MODEX 2018 exhibitors and education. List all areas where your department faces challenges and how your intended workshops will help you overcome these challenges. Don't forget to include the cost of airfare, meals and lodging in order to make it an all-inclusive proposal. Remember that attendance to MODEX 2018's exhibits and educational sessions is offered at no cost.
Full Circle - Provide Feedback to Management
Follow up with your direct supervisor after you return from MODEX 2018. They will want to know firsthand your impressions, what you gained from attendance and how you will be able to apply lessons learned. Refer to your original proposal and goals to achieve while at MODEX 2018 to describe what you learned and how to implement this knowledge. Most importantly, let your manager know that your participation in MODEX 2018 was a worthwhile investment for your company.
So, plan your strategy, prepare your proposal and secure your approval to attend MODEX 2018. Bring the benefits of knowledge home to your company!