Retrotech (booth # 2447)
TITLE: Senior Systems Design Engineer
REPORTS TO: Systems Engineering Supervisor
DEPT: Systems Engineering
Retrotech, a recognized leader in Distribution Center and Warehouse automation is seeking a skilled Senior Systems Design Engineer to join our team. The Senior Systems Design Engineer is an individual contributor that serves to support the design, engineering and implementation of Automated Storage and Distribution Systems. In this capacity, the Senior Systems Design Engineer is responsible for requirements gathering, interfacing with technology partners, manufacturers, and analytical teams in the development of automated solutions to meet client business challenges in growth, profitability, and success. This role involves building customer relationships and developing solutions to deliver “best in class” solutions to Retrotech customers.
This position location can be either Chicago, IL or Grand Rapids, MI.
• Collaborate with account managers and sales engineers in successful sales campaigns in automated systems market space, which may include conveyance, high speed sortation, ASRS, and robotic systems.
• Lead or participate in the gathering and/or developing business, operational, functional, technical, and performance requirements for potential applications of material handling fulfillment.
• Lead or participate in the design efforts to develop and deliver successful solutions to customer challenges.
• Support estimating efforts with Retrotech team and deliver proposals on time and with high quality.
• Function as a systems design engineer, working with prospective clients and the sales group.
• Solutions will include new, green-field and brownfield sites, modernization of existing sites, and repurposing of sites with changing business needs.
• Participate or when assigned, lead in the design/enhancement of material handling systems, to include automated and semi-automated systems, static and dynamic storage systems, and modules.
• Manage the integration of multiple subsystems, equipment vendors, sub teams, subcontractors, etc. to create a cohesive integrated system solution.
• Estimate the cost of the solution and write a proposal to perform the work.
• Ensure the solutions are logical and fit within the client’s budget, payback model, expected Return on Investment, etc.
• Communicate effectively with personnel in a prospective client’s organization, from maintenance personnel to the corporate leadership.
• Control the quality of outgoing proposals and estimates.
• Self-manage workload of multiple concurrent solution development and execution efforts.
• Design and execute material handling systems within the boundaries of the project work scope, schedule, and budget.
• Follow industry, company, and department standards.
• Travel as necessary to support the mission, project or initiative.
• Communication skills very strong interpersonal, written, verbal, and presentation.
• Able to organize and coordinate project effectively using project management tools, software and other capabilities to effectively manage margin and risk.
• Analyze, design, implement, and support innovative solutions to solve technical and business problems.
• Develop and achieve realistic estimates for assigned tasks.
• Track and report the status of work. Provide management information regarding troubles or risks in attaining goals and timelines.
• MS Office Suite and AutoCAD.
• Familiar with technology and best practices, for material handling equipment as well as operational practices and standards.
• Bachelors or advanced degree in engineering or related relevant degree required.
• Position will require travel up to 20% of the time.
• Previous solution development experience with integrators, equipment OEM or within customer environment is preferred.
• Familiar with picking and fulfillment systems is preferred.
Retrotech, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Retrotech, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
||Donata C. Sands, PHR
||1275 John Street, Suite 400
||United States of America
« Back to Careers