Retrotech (booth # 2447)
TITLE: Mechanical Technician
REPORTS TO: Installation & Crane Services Manager
Retrotech, a recognized leader in Automated Warehouse Modernization, is seeking an experienced Mechanical Technician to join our team. The job of Mechanical Technician is to execute and support installation and commission efforts as Retrotech installs material handling systems at customer sites throughout North America.
This position location is Rochester, NY only.
JOB SITE DUTIES:
• Ability to lead a crew of up to 2 Retrotech resources.
• Ability to lead a crew of up to 2 sub-contractors.
• Install mechanical components.
• Support customer acceptance phase of projects.
• Training the customer in operations and maintenance
• The Mechanical Technician reports to the Site Operations Supervisor while on site
• Support Manufacturing/Field Installation Department
• Fabrication and Welding
• Mechanical Assembly
• Inspection of vendor supplied weldments and machined parts
• Minor Electrical Assembly
• Preparing shipments to project sites
• Inventory pulls and project kiting
• Ability to travel up to 70% of time throughout North America.
• Ability to demonstrate mechanical skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to operate in a team environment and communicate clearly to the intended audience.
• Must have the knowledge/experience to recognize when problems surface and when problems are looming, and bring the correct people together to solve these problems.
• Ability to lift up to 75lbs
• Ability to climb ladders
• Ability to climb and use Fall Protection
• Ability to walk up to 2 miles per day in a 10 hour workday
• Ability to protect the interests of Retrotech when dealing with customers and vendor
SOFTWARE APPLICATION KNOWLEDGE:
• Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Projects and Outlook
Retrotech, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Retrotech, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
||Donata C. Sands, PHR
||1275 John Street, Suite 400
||United States of America
« Back to Careers