Retrotech (booth # 2447)
TITLE: Engineering Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering
Management of the Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Controls Engineering teams. The reporting line is the supervisors of each of the groups as direct reports and by extension each of the supervisor’s direct reports. The position requires adherence to the strategic plan with alignment to engineering trends, market demands, project demands all in alignment to with success criteria of resource performance to project and task expectations in presales support, and project execution. Ensures technical resources and task management are in place to adequately support defining and delivering engineered solutions within a project team structure to our customers. This position ensures that solutions meet the appropriate engineering standards and special standards as may apply in specific situations and all applicable safety standards.
This position location is Rochester, NY only.
The mechanical, controls, and electrical engineering departments design, develop, produce, and deliver equipment to support Retrotech Production, Distribution, Protein, and Modernization lines of business.
The mechanical, controls, and electrical departments will provide sales and subject matter expert support for preliminary designs, costs for engineering functions and materials within the guidelines of the sales support process.
TEAM MEMBERSHIP AND PARTICIPATION:
Retrotech Managers Team member
Attends the monthly Mangers Meeting with an expectation to, from time to time, report or present at this meeting. Actively supports the cascading of the monthly managers meeting messages to all members of the Electrical, Mechanical, and Materials Departments. The goal being that the leadership, direction and focus to ensure company goals for growth, profit and return on investment are achieved within established processes and company values. Commits to active and collaborative participation as both a facilitator and team member depending on the requirements of the situation
Engineering Management member
Attend weekly tactical meetings to report and to keep the pulse of the critical activities of all the engineering departments. Has the responsibility to actively assess and present concerns or calls to action. Is expected to offer opinions and advice presented by any of the engineering managers and supervisors. And is expected to participate and/or lead engineering sub-teams for process improvements across all of the engineering groups.
Monthly Invitation to the Executive Team Meeting
Attend the Executive Team Meeting on a monthly basis to participate by providing engineering department updates along with supporting planning discussions. Expectation here is to also discuss team and process issues or development needs or goals.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage supervisors responsible for electrical, controls, and mechanical.
• Provide direction and coordination of the matrix environment so that all the project needs are met.
• Oversee the research and development of new products and procedures.
• Support the supervisors in the hiring, training, and mentoring of their staff.
• Write performance reviews and solve internal issues.
• Support detailed plans to accomplish goals.
• Analyze market demand and available resources.
• Review, approve, or modify product designs.
• Support the preparation of departmental budgets and presales estimates
• Approve departmental expenditures.
• Improve engineering processes and support scientific based engineering.
• Check technical accuracy of work.
• Establish administrative policies, procedures, and standards.
• Coordinate activities with other departments here and regional.
• Confer with higher levels of management.
• Mechanical Engineering Supervisor
• Electrical Engineering Supervisor
• Controls Engineering Supervisor
• Technical Support Administrator
• Business acumen
• Conceptual thinking
• Strategic thinking
• Integrity and trust
• Ability to find, develop, and assess talent
• Results-driven business process-focus
• Supervising and developing technical professionals
• Project management expertise
• Consultative and collaborative approach
• Team leadership and facilitation skills
Retrotech, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Retrotech, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
||Donata C. Sands, PHR
||1275 John Street, Suite 400
||United States of America
« Back to Careers