Retrotech (booth # 2447)
TITLE: Automation Technician
REPORTS TO: Service Manager
DEPT: Customer Service/Sales
Retrotech, a recognized leader in Distribution Center and Warehouse automation, is seeking a skilled Automation Technician to join our team. The job of Automation Technician is to execute and support installations of material handling systems at customer sites throughout North America.
Position location for this position can be either at our Rochester, NY, Naperville, IL or Grand Rapids, MI offices.
The Automation Technician reports to and is supported by the Service Manager. The Automation Technician will also participate as a member of project teams. As a project team member, the Automation Technician will report to project leadership for the status of equipment testing, assemblies, schedule, budget, and quality of projects assigned to the Automation Technician.
• Training the customer in operations and maintenance of their equipment
• Test/debug components
• Support the Manufacturing/Installation Department
• Mechanical assembly
• Panel building
• Electrical assembly
PERFORM PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE WORK (PM):
• Travel to customer site to perform preventive maintenance and repairs on a variety of material handling equipment.
• Schedule work and trips to meet customer expectations and needs.
• Prepare pre-trip data collection reports and pack required tools and equipment
• Assess equipment condition to make educated decision to replace or repair parts.
• Record detailed PM information for post trip report.
• Complete PM reports and deliver to customer for equipment evaluation and next step planning.
• Develop customer relationships to drive predictive equipment costs and drive potential business.
EMERGENCY SERVICE CALLS:
• On short notice, travel to customer site to repair down equipment.
• Emergency order parts from Retrotech or local suppliers as needed.
• Have a “can do” attitude to be relentless in finding root cause problem for completing the repair.
• Communicate with Engineering, Systems Analysts and Customer Service personnel as needed for resolution of difficult repairs.
• Complete the post trip report and hour logging for accurate customer billing.
• Oral and written communication skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and able to deliver presentations to customers and co-workers.
• Proven mechanical aptitude demonstrated with work experience.
• Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
• Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings
• Good problem-solving skills and analytical trouble shooting skills in the form of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) analysis or similar tools.
• Knowledge of electrical control systems and ability to read and diagnose basic PLC Code.
• Represent the interests of Retrotech when dealing with customers and vendors
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to operate in a team environment and communicate clearly to the intended audience
• Willing to travel up to 60-70% of the time throughout North America. Some of this travel will include short notice of needed departures (24 hours or less)
• Must be available to work night shifts as dictated by customer equipment availability.
• Must be able to work in an elevated environment to heights of 100’
• Possess or have ability to obtain government security clearance
SOFTWARE APPLICATION KNOWLEDGE:
• Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint Projects Outlook and Visio
• AB Applications – RSLogix 5, RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, RSLinx
• Operating System – Windows XP, Windows 7
• Associates degree (AAS) in Electrical, Mechanical Technology.
• Relevant military training or completion of documented apprentice program and 3+ years’ experience in an industrial environment.
• Technical or vocational degree (electrical, electromechanical) and 5+ years’ experience in an industrial environment.
Retrotech, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Retrotech, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business
||Donata C. Sands, PHR
||1275 John Street, Suite 400
||United States of America
« Back to Careers